I run a blog called Desperate Curiosity, part of the 9rules blogging network. The blog has gone form strength to strength over the past 2 months with mentions around the web and a massive increase in traffic from blogs like Smashing Magazine and others.
Today Desperate Curiosity peaked and crashed with a post featured on Digg.com. The post listed my 100 favourite WordPress themes and has proved to be enormously popular. Unfortunately my small 3rd party hosting service wasn’t enough to withstand the “digg effect”.
I don’t have the cash to bump up to a VIP server needed to run the blog right now, so I’m looking for sponsors: I’m looking for a hosting sponsor interested in supporting a creative blog that is destined for glory!
The blog has been running for more than 2 years now, has over 400 posts and a growing section of blogging resources including some fantastic free WordPress Themes, blog graphics and the 100 Favourite theme list. I have put alot of time and effort into building it and it would be sad to see that come to an end now.
If you’re interested in sponsoring my site, or know anyone who might be then please get in touch at
aeglinton [at] yahoo [dot] co [dot] uk
Reasons to sponsor Desperate Curiosity
- It’s a blog full of personal thoughts, creative writing and excellent resources for the blogging community.
- It’s part of the 9rules blogging network.
- It has 7 great wordpress themes of its own for free download, 3 of which have over 500 downloads each.
- It has been running for over 2 years and has just got into the Technorati top 10 000 (not much I know but still it jumps up about 5-10,000 places per week).
- It gets between 500-1000 unique hits on average per day.
- It is loved by many and recognised by blogging peers (Smashing Magazine, 9rules)
- It covers a wide range of interesting topics from poetry to web development, blogging to wordpress, politics to photography.
- It is my first blog and it needs some love!
This is what the traffic surge looked like: